Here's some links.
Bike Commuters. A community for those of us who bike to work -- the nerds of bike culture.
Bike Snob NYC has a humorous look at bike culture in New York, and a distain for the excesses of some of the fixie enthusiasts.
Bike Knickers. Pants that look good, so you can wear them at work, but don't cramp your style (read: junk) while riding.
Portland Bike Forums: non dorky bike pants
Fixed Gear Gallery: Knicker Review
- ChicagoWIG - modified BDUs, $50. You could make a basic version of these yourself easily.
- Portland Cyclewear Messenger 3/4 Pant. On sale for $59, they are being replaced with a new design.
- Swrve Cycling knickers - got high reviews from the NYT reviewer
- Bicycle Fixation Classic Wool Knickers. WANT.
Bike rides. I want to do more, longer rides this year. Paying money to do so is an excellent way to ensure motivation. Here's some coming up (longer list).
- Tour of Lakes (June 7)
- Jordan Valley Bike Tour (June 21)
- Tour of Saints (July 13)
- Jesse James Bike Tour (Sept 6)
- St. Paul bike Classic (Sept 7)
- Minneapolis Bike Tour (Sept 14)